Between Caen and Bayeux, Ducy’s orchards are managed according to the organic production method and conform to the AOC Calvados and Pommeau de Normandie.
The cider apple varieties are selected for the production of traditional cider, apple juice, pommeau and Calvados. The 300 to 400 annual tons of apples are picked in the fall with a machine.
During the visit, you will understand the history of cider from the flower to the bottling, through the pressing.
Bitter, bitter sweet, sour and sweet apples make up the 17-hectare orchard, which has 7,000 high and low-stemmed apple trees. It is the assembly of about fifteen varieties of apples which will give the necessary balance to a quality production. The main varieties of this cider producer are Coet ligne, Bisquet, Binet Rouge, Petit jaune, Judor, Fréquin rouge.
Visit of the orchards of Ducy
A visit in Normandy that will make you discover the orchards as you have never seen them before! You will discover the pressing during which 4 successive operations are carried out:
- sorting of apples
- extraction of the juice which becomes the apple must
You will visit the orchard, the workshops and the cellars with a tasting as a bonus. On the spot, the store sells the production of the orchards of Ducy but also the production of small craftsmen and other producers: Sablés d’Asnelles, Honey, Terrines, Caramels d’Isigny, Milk Jam, Calvados Cream, Pear Juice, Poiré, Tripe … are waiting for you for this pleasant activity which will leave you a good memory of your camping vacations in Calvados!
Infos and schedules of the Domaine de la Flaguerie
- From November to March: From 9am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 6pm except on Sundays.
- From April to October: Every day from 9am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 7pm.
- You will be welcomed by people who are passionate about their work and will answer all your questions.
- Come to the bar to taste cider and apple juice
- The campsite **** L’Escapade is located about 20 minutes (15 kilometers) from the Vergers de Ducy.